Hiring Organization / Company: Formicidae, Llc
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Senior/Lead Android Developer - REMOTE
- Location: Remote
- Job type: Full-time permanent (only)
- Level: Senior level or Lead level (technical)
- Position: Senior/Lead Software Engineer (Android developer)
- Benefits package: Yes
- Visa sponsorship: Let’s start with immediate start Citizen or GC but can-do visa sponsorship
- Location: Any in the US and Canada
- Kotlin, CI/CD and string testing experience is required here. Kotlin is the main language. Java is secondary.
- Interview Process: general talk, technical interview, PM talk, 1 or 2 client interviews
Senior/Lead Android Developer - REMOTE - 1343
Location: 100% REMOTE - there might be some travel in the U.S.
Job type: Full-time permanent (w2 only)
Visa: Open - H1B will need to transfer visa to the client payroll
** Kotlin is the main language. Java is secondary**
- Active participation in the whole development process, from initial design up to launching the product.
- Will be responsible for working with backend engineers, product managers and designers to design, develop and deliver mobile features in regular basis.
- Will take care of maintaining feature reliability and better feature response time by bug fixing and refactoring code.
- Identifying and eliminating bottlenecks.
- 7+ years' experience in development of Android platform, natively (Kotlin required; then Java).
- Android Development with Kotlin and MVVM.
- String testing - Required
- CI/CD expereince - required
- RestAPI and GRAPHQL - strongly desired.
- Android Threading Model and android internals, emphasis on performance.
- Espresso, Unit Testing & Code Coverage (code coverage above 90%).
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Android Design patterns.
- Production experience working on the projects with 100%-unit test coverage for non-UI logic.
- Parallel programming and multithreading experience nice to have.
- Experience collaborating on projects and working efficiently as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies.
- Android Architecture components.
- Strong, stand-up technical enthusiast, capable to defend and concisely explain his technical decisions to the team members and stakeholders, and therefore lead through his expertise rather than a people management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Related keywords: android developer, android, software engineer, software developer
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $133,000.00 - $138,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Android Development with Kotlin and MVVM: 8 years (Required)
- Kotlin: 7 years (Required)
- Java: 7 years (Required)
- More than 1 year
- Fully Remote
- Remote interview process
Job Location Information:
Date Posted: 2021-04-08
Share this job on:
Tips For Getting a Job as a Software Engineer
The process of hunting the job is always stressful and tiresome, especially when you have no hob at the moment. As for a software engineering job, you need to know specific things that will make you qualify for the job and work better as a software engineer. The chapter here explains the most important steps you should follow to be a qualified software engineer.
1. Have Some Standout Projects Portfolios
Make a few portfolios is something essential before your interviews. The portfolios don’t necessarily need to be perfect, but you mist have them. When you are being interviewed, and you name the projects you know, then you need to have those applications well kept in the portfolio. You need to have portfolios of a minimum of three projects, especially if you are not experienced in any software engineering job. Ensure you know the weaknesses and strengths of your projects, too, before the interview. Some interviewers might want a practical explanation about this, so you must be ready. If you aren’t aware, you can fumble, and that is why you should know this before your interviews.
2. Be Ready To Handle Technical Interviews
Most technical interviews are done with some issues, but always remember most companies prioritize using whiteboards. Some sources are available, which you can use in practicing technical interviews like coding, interview cake, preamp, and cracking interviews. When being in this, you can find you re struggled and don’t have an alternative, but you must ensure that you are fully equipped with it. When you know this, you will avoid all those awkward silences when you attend your interviews, and that is a tip for you. It is a credit to you when the interviewer sees how loud you are thinking and coming with legit answers.
3. Ensure You Know The Role Kind You Need
You should always avoid the assumptions of saying you can’t choose if you are bigger. Wherever the department of software engineer you will get, you should remember most of your time revolves around working throughout. You need to be prepared on the issue of attending your workplace and dreading your work smarter. When you highly prioritize the anticipated job you need, you will be sure of getting the perfect software engineer job you need. You need to prioritize things like life balance, have the chance of solving challenging issues t your table, and ensure you admire the chance of working with the modern technological stack. These priorities, with no doubt they will give you a hint of focusing on the companies that have a healthy culture of working without weekends and night work.
4. Be Organized And Observant Throughout
You should remember you need to complete killer projects ahead; you have to be ready to attend the technical interviews together with the target of the company. You should start looking for jobs right away. You don’t need to make many applications at once since you won’t handle the results and your expectations. You should only ensure your few applications are well kept in the template, which can make links of records into some different tables. With this, you will be able to have the entire list containing the contacts of the employees in the company without failure.
5. Make The Meaningful Cover Letter And Resume
Rather than making most applications without quality, you need to write applications that are highly tailored and the best but few. You must ensure your documents don’t have grammatical errors or any typos and are not too long to get boring when read by the interviewer. You should first visit the website of the company, then make a reason that explains the reason for working with the company. When you don’t see the reason to work there, it means the place is not fit for you. Ensure the responses are also well-tailored, so you should never copy-paste the online resumes.
6. Have A Network
Networking is really a significant problem if you are an introvert as you won’t have mingling time with many people. But, you need to constantly make sure you can mingle. You can travel to some meetups, make chats with people, and this will give you some privileges even though you don’t get top job here. The meetups can make you discover essential organizations and jobs to make applications, and which will help. The meetups will usually live you by having a good brain whenever anticipating the jobs. Additionally, other slack expert teams are indications of networking, and if there is a possibility, go to them. The social media marketing connections to the employees currently involved in software businesses could also be helpful you gain some knowledge and direction. Male network connections and you may secure in your dream job.
7. Never Negotiate Too Much Or Settle For Less
It’s normal to be asked about your targeted salary during interviews. The component is obviously irritating since you feel that part will require your chance to work there away. You ought to will have your expected income too. You need to research the income an element of the meeting where you must know the salary your peers of the identical degree can be obtained for the reason that business. You’ll be able to calculate the income for any other employees in a different sort of software company just before attend the meeting. After you get the offer, always negotiate the set cost that the interviewers offer you. Negotiate also on motivations and allowances as leaves and day down too before accepting the job. Be sure you are fully conscious and trust their set terms before generally making the last decision.
When you want to make a perfect job search s a software engineer, I hope this is the best article you tried to come across before you continue with your job search. It is essential for every job hunter who needs a perfect place to be. You should also not look for the job while desperate and land in just any other position. The fact is that software engineers are highly needed everywhere ao take time and get the job you deserve. When you study thoroughly and prepare according to this chapter, be sure to land for the job you always wanted.