Hiring Organization / Company: Guardian Life Insurance Company
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Do you want to be part of a collaborative Enterprise Data team?
Are you a problem solver who enjoys diving into data and architecting and maintaining high quality, flexible data solutions? Is a culture where “People Count,” “We Do the Right Thing,” and “We Hold Ourselves to Very High Standards” important to you? If so, Guardian is seeking an Sr Software Engineer to join the team creating our consolidated customer platform.
Working for the Manager of Software Engineering ETL Services reporting into the 2nd Vice President of Enterprise Data Architecture, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the design, development and implementation of enterprise level data integrations that provide a single view of the Guardian customer and enable state of the art data access patterns by utilizing a disciplined software development methodology and leading edge technologies .The candidate will display technical and functional competence in data management standards and uphold Guardian’s commitment to Guardian values.
A self-starter who is fueled by collaboration, able to transform conceptual designs into reliable, scalable processes that meet or exceed customer needs.
- 10+ Years of IT experience, with 7+ years of experience as an ETL developer, data engineer or other data professional
- Working knowledge of the Finance or Insurance industry
- Expert skills on ETL tool Informatica PowerCenter, IICS, Syncsort, SSIS
- Experience across multiple DBMS environments
- Strong UNIX scripting experience
- Strong SQL, PL/SQL experience
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and environments.
- Strong Agile experience and the ability to work on a cross functional, self-organizing development teams. SAFe experience is a plus
- Significant experience interfacing with both customers and management across business and IT
- Track record of collaborating with IT, Business and vendor teams to provide technical solutions and improvements, delivering end-to-end products/processes on schedule and budget, as per business requirements and SDLC standards.
- Track record communicating issues & follow-up through issue resolution.
- Provide Development & Production Support for applications.
- Monitor production jobs, triage issues to appropriate team & resolve any issues in a timely manner.
- Partner with other IT areas in resolving issues & improving processes.
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies like Hadoop and Cloud technologies a plus
- Work with an agile team to deliver and evolve the data platform services.
- Collaborate with team members and IT and business partners to ensure functional and business specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable solution designs.
- Develop and implement software to support the Enterprise data platform services
- Design and manage data integrations to support both real-time and batch processing.
- Establish and maintain the quality, supportability, and performance of all processes.
- Play an active role in quality assurance (QA) and user acceptance testing (UAT) for data and solution initiatives by reviewing test plan, attending team meetings, and providing necessary documentation.
- Continue to look for innovative and next generation solutions for solving data challenges.
- Holmdel, NJ or Bethlehem, PA with work from home flexibility
- Up to 10% travel within the NY/NJ/PA locations
- At Guardian, you’ll have the support and flexibility to achieve your professional and personal goals.
- Through skill-building, talent development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards.
- Meaningful and challenging work opportunities to accelerate innovation in a secure and compliant way.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Excellent medical, dental, supplemental health, life and vision coverage for you and your dependents with no wait period.
- Life and disability insurance.
- A great 401(k) with company match.
- Tuition assistance, paid parental leave and backup family care.
- Dynamic, modern work environments that promote collaboration and creativity to develop and empower talent.
- Flexible time off, dress code, and work location policies to balance your work and life in the ways that suit you best.
- Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and diversity in all that we do.
- Social responsibility in all aspects of our work. We volunteer within our local communities, create educational alliances with colleges, drive a variety of initiatives in sustainability.
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
© Copyright 2019 The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, NY.
Job Location Information:
Location: Holmdel, Nj
Date Posted: 2021-04-08
Share this job on:
Tips For Getting a Job as a Software Engineer
The process of hunting the job is always stressful and tiresome, especially when you have no hob at the moment. As for a software engineering job, you need to know specific things that will make you qualify for the job and work better as a software engineer. The chapter here explains the most important steps you should follow to be a qualified software engineer.
1. Have Some Standout Projects Portfolios
Make a few portfolios is something essential before your interviews. The portfolios don’t necessarily need to be perfect, but you mist have them. When you are being interviewed, and you name the projects you know, then you need to have those applications well kept in the portfolio. You need to have portfolios of a minimum of three projects, especially if you are not experienced in any software engineering job. Ensure you know the weaknesses and strengths of your projects, too, before the interview. Some interviewers might want a practical explanation about this, so you must be ready. If you aren’t aware, you can fumble, and that is why you should know this before your interviews.
2. Be Ready To Handle Technical Interviews
Most technical interviews are done with some issues, but always remember most companies prioritize using whiteboards. Some sources are available, which you can use in practicing technical interviews like coding, interview cake, preamp, and cracking interviews. When being in this, you can find you re struggled and don’t have an alternative, but you must ensure that you are fully equipped with it. When you know this, you will avoid all those awkward silences when you attend your interviews, and that is a tip for you. It is a credit to you when the interviewer sees how loud you are thinking and coming with legit answers.
3. Ensure You Know The Role Kind You Need
You should always avoid the assumptions of saying you can’t choose if you are bigger. Wherever the department of software engineer you will get, you should remember most of your time revolves around working throughout. You need to be prepared on the issue of attending your workplace and dreading your work smarter. When you highly prioritize the anticipated job you need, you will be sure of getting the perfect software engineer job you need. You need to prioritize things like life balance, have the chance of solving challenging issues t your table, and ensure you admire the chance of working with the modern technological stack. These priorities, with no doubt they will give you a hint of focusing on the companies that have a healthy culture of working without weekends and night work.
4. Be Organized And Observant Throughout
You should remember you need to complete killer projects ahead; you have to be ready to attend the technical interviews together with the target of the company. You should start looking for jobs right away. You don’t need to make many applications at once since you won’t handle the results and your expectations. You should only ensure your few applications are well kept in the template, which can make links of records into some different tables. With this, you will be able to have the entire list containing the contacts of the employees in the company without failure.
5. Make The Meaningful Cover Letter And Resume
Rather than making most applications without quality, you need to write applications that are highly tailored and the best but few. You must ensure your documents don’t have grammatical errors or any typos and are not too long to get boring when read by the interviewer. You should first visit the website of the company, then make a reason that explains the reason for working with the company. When you don’t see the reason to work there, it means the place is not fit for you. Ensure the responses are also well-tailored, so you should never copy-paste the online resumes.
6. Have A Network
Networking is just a significant problem if you are an introvert since you won’t have mingling time with lots of people. Nonetheless, you need to always make sure you can mingle. You can travel to some meetups, make chats with people, and this will give you some privileges even though you aren’t getting the greatest job there. The meetups will make you discover crucial companies and jobs to produce applications, and that will assist. The meetups will usually live you by having a good head when anticipating the jobs. Additionally, other slack professional groups are signs of networking, and in case you do have a opportunity, visit them. The social media connections to your workers already involved in software organizations will also help you get some knowledge and direction. Male network connections and you will secure in your ideal job.
7. Never Negotiate Too Much Or Settle For Less
It is normal to be asked about your targeted salary during interviews. The part is definitely frustrating since you feel that part takes your opportunity to work there away. You ought to will have your expected salary as well. You’ll want to research the salary area of the meeting where you have to know the income your colleagues of the identical degree can be found for the reason that business. You can even calculate the wage for any other workers in a new software business just before attend the meeting. Once you get the offer, constantly negotiate the set cost that the interviewers offer you. Negotiate also on motivations and allowances as leaves and time down too before accepting the job. Ensure you are completely conscious and trust their set terms before you make the last decision.
When you want to make a perfect job search s a software engineer, I hope this is the best article you tried to come across before you continue with your job search. It is essential for every job hunter who needs a perfect place to be. You should also not look for the job while desperate and land in just any other position. The fact is that software engineers are highly needed everywhere ao take time and get the job you deserve. When you study thoroughly and prepare according to this chapter, be sure to land for the job you always wanted.