Hiring Organization / Company: Mantech International Corporation
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented UI Front End developer to join our team in Visionist.
- Responsible for developing applications software for small to highly complex computer systems or portions of large integrated systems and/or for providing analysis and engineering of functional aspects of software and hardware architecture and system support.
- The candidate will prepare detailed specifications from which software products will be designed and/or candidate will translate documented designs into software products by developing, documenting, testing and debugging code.
- Experience with applications that deal with utility programs, job control language, macro, subroutines and other control modules.
- Kafka, Redis, Elasticsearch, MongoDB
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications.
- Git and software versioning experience
- Must have a High School Diploma
- Shall have a minimum of thirteen (13) years’ experience in software engineering/development and/or systems engineering/analysis
- Must possess experience in all phases of software engineering to include requirements analysis, development, testing and integration, maintenance and problem diagnosis/resolution and/or experience in phases of applications systems analysis to include evaluation and design, integration and optimization of complex systems
- Must have experience with communication applications, database management, use of programming languages and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related discipline may be substituted for three (3) years of work experience.
- A Master’s degree in any of the above disciplines may be substituted for an additional two (2) years of experience.
- Candidate shall be competent to work at the highest level of all phases of software engineering and/or all phases of applications systems analysis with minimal direction or oversight.
- Active/Current Top-Secret SCI with Poly
- Reaching, Speaking, Standing, Talking, Working with computers/certs, Working with data, Ability to handle stress & work under pressure, oral & written communication skills, ability to use MS office, ability to use a PC, Interpersonal & people skills, multi-tasking ability
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click [email protected] and provide your name and contact information.
Job Location Information:
Location: Columbia, Md
Date Posted: 2021-04-08
Share this job on:
Tips For Getting a Job as a Software Engineer
The process of hunting the job is always stressful and tiresome, especially when you have no hob at the moment. As for a software engineering job, you need to know specific things that will make you qualify for the job and work better as a software engineer. The chapter here explains the most important steps you should follow to be a qualified software engineer.
1. Have Some Standout Projects Portfolios
Make a few portfolios is something essential before your interviews. The portfolios don’t necessarily need to be perfect, but you mist have them. When you are being interviewed, and you name the projects you know, then you need to have those applications well kept in the portfolio. You need to have portfolios of a minimum of three projects, especially if you are not experienced in any software engineering job. Ensure you know the weaknesses and strengths of your projects, too, before the interview. Some interviewers might want a practical explanation about this, so you must be ready. If you aren’t aware, you can fumble, and that is why you should know this before your interviews.
2. Be Ready To Handle Technical Interviews
Most technical interviews are done with some issues, but always remember most companies prioritize using whiteboards. Some sources are available, which you can use in practicing technical interviews like coding, interview cake, preamp, and cracking interviews. When being in this, you can find you re struggled and don’t have an alternative, but you must ensure that you are fully equipped with it. When you know this, you will avoid all those awkward silences when you attend your interviews, and that is a tip for you. It is a credit to you when the interviewer sees how loud you are thinking and coming with legit answers.
3. Ensure You Know The Role Kind You Need
You should always avoid the assumptions of saying you can’t choose if you are bigger. Wherever the department of software engineer you will get, you should remember most of your time revolves around working throughout. You need to be prepared on the issue of attending your workplace and dreading your work smarter. When you highly prioritize the anticipated job you need, you will be sure of getting the perfect software engineer job you need. You need to prioritize things like life balance, have the chance of solving challenging issues t your table, and ensure you admire the chance of working with the modern technological stack. These priorities, with no doubt they will give you a hint of focusing on the companies that have a healthy culture of working without weekends and night work.
4. Be Organized And Observant Throughout
You should remember you need to complete killer projects ahead; you have to be ready to attend the technical interviews together with the target of the company. You should start looking for jobs right away. You don’t need to make many applications at once since you won’t handle the results and your expectations. You should only ensure your few applications are well kept in the template, which can make links of records into some different tables. With this, you will be able to have the entire list containing the contacts of the employees in the company without failure.
5. Make The Meaningful Cover Letter And Resume
Rather than making most applications without quality, you need to write applications that are highly tailored and the best but few. You must ensure your documents don’t have grammatical errors or any typos and are not too long to get boring when read by the interviewer. You should first visit the website of the company, then make a reason that explains the reason for working with the company. When you don’t see the reason to work there, it means the place is not fit for you. Ensure the responses are also well-tailored, so you should never copy-paste the online resumes.
6. Have A Network
Networking is a significant problem if you are an introvert because you will not have mingling time with many individuals. Nevertheless, you ought to always make certain you can mingle. You can visit some meetups, make chats with individuals, and also this will give you some privileges even if you aren’t getting the most effective job here. The meetups makes you discover essential companies and jobs to make applications, and that will assist. The meetups will always live you with a positive mind when anticipating the jobs. Additionally, other slack professional groups are signs of networking, and in case you do have a chance, see them. The social media marketing connections to the workers currently involved in software businesses will also help you get some knowledge and way. Male network connections and you will land in your ideal job.
7. Never Negotiate Too Much Or Settle For Less
It’s normal to be expected about your targeted salary during interviews. The component is definitely frustrating since you are feeling that part will require your possiblity to work here away. You ought to always have your expected income too. You will need to research the income the main meeting where you should know the income your colleagues of the identical degree can be found for the reason that business. You could calculate the salary for any other employees in a different sort of software business before you attend the meeting. After you get the offer, constantly negotiate the set cost that the interviewers will offer you you. Negotiate also on motivations and allowances as leaves and day off too before accepting the job. Be sure you are fully conscious and trust their set terms before generally making the ultimate choice.
When you want to make a perfect job search s a software engineer, I hope this is the best article you tried to come across before you continue with your job search. It is essential for every job hunter who needs a perfect place to be. You should also not look for the job while desperate and land in just any other position. The fact is that software engineers are highly needed everywhere ao take time and get the job you deserve. When you study thoroughly and prepare according to this chapter, be sure to land for the job you always wanted.