Hiring Organization / Company: Alion Science And Technology
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Alion is looking for a Software Developer to join our team in St Louis, MO and contribute to our “Many Moves Ahead”. The Software Developer writes and updates software code and databases under contract and direction from the assigned Government Lead.
- Support creating, maintaining and/or improving the performance of existing software code
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Recommendation of improvements to existing software programs
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline. Education and work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
- Four years or more experience in full stack development to include Java, Web services, Database, and micro-service development.
- Two years or more experience with Agile philosophies, serving as scrum or team lead.
- Integration and tailoring of geospatial Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software applications; specialized software and database development and maintenance; integration of related specialized hardware; engineering studies to identify and remedy geodata processing bottlenecks.
- Demonstrated firsthand experience in at least two of the following:
- Web services architecture, design, and development
- Relational database design
- Spatial database design
- NoSQL database design
- Micro-service architecture, design and development
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration (CI/CD) techniques, test-driven development, or automated testing practices.
- Clear communication skills are required.
- Proven ability writing test scripts, test driven development, in an agile software development environment, where building in automated test procedures in addition to functional code are paramount to continuous integration and continuous delivery of software.
- Demonstrated experience with relational database development.
- Individual must be able to work well within a team environment under evolving priorities.
- Must have adequate domain knowledge and hands-on experience in developing, implementing software programs.
- Experience working independently with clients or stakeholders to develop user-stories in support of full-service consumer and business applications.
- DOD8570 and AWS Certification desired
- An active Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info with ability to obtain poly
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
- Employee Type:
LAMBERT ARPRT, MO
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Job ID:
Job Location Information:
City: Lambert Arprt
Location: Lambert Arprt, Mo
Date Posted: 2021-04-08
Share this job on:
Tips For Getting a Job as a Software Engineer
The process of hunting the job is always stressful and tiresome, especially when you have no hob at the moment. As for a software engineering job, you need to know specific things that will make you qualify for the job and work better as a software engineer. The chapter here explains the most important steps you should follow to be a qualified software engineer.
1. Have Some Standout Projects Portfolios
Make a few portfolios is something essential before your interviews. The portfolios don’t necessarily need to be perfect, but you mist have them. When you are being interviewed, and you name the projects you know, then you need to have those applications well kept in the portfolio. You need to have portfolios of a minimum of three projects, especially if you are not experienced in any software engineering job. Ensure you know the weaknesses and strengths of your projects, too, before the interview. Some interviewers might want a practical explanation about this, so you must be ready. If you aren’t aware, you can fumble, and that is why you should know this before your interviews.
2. Be Ready To Handle Technical Interviews
Most technical interviews are done with some issues, but always remember most companies prioritize using whiteboards. Some sources are available, which you can use in practicing technical interviews like coding, interview cake, preamp, and cracking interviews. When being in this, you can find you re struggled and don’t have an alternative, but you must ensure that you are fully equipped with it. When you know this, you will avoid all those awkward silences when you attend your interviews, and that is a tip for you. It is a credit to you when the interviewer sees how loud you are thinking and coming with legit answers.
3. Ensure You Know The Role Kind You Need
You should always avoid the assumptions of saying you can’t choose if you are bigger. Wherever the department of software engineer you will get, you should remember most of your time revolves around working throughout. You need to be prepared on the issue of attending your workplace and dreading your work smarter. When you highly prioritize the anticipated job you need, you will be sure of getting the perfect software engineer job you need. You need to prioritize things like life balance, have the chance of solving challenging issues t your table, and ensure you admire the chance of working with the modern technological stack. These priorities, with no doubt they will give you a hint of focusing on the companies that have a healthy culture of working without weekends and night work.
4. Be Organized And Observant Throughout
You should remember you need to complete killer projects ahead; you have to be ready to attend the technical interviews together with the target of the company. You should start looking for jobs right away. You don’t need to make many applications at once since you won’t handle the results and your expectations. You should only ensure your few applications are well kept in the template, which can make links of records into some different tables. With this, you will be able to have the entire list containing the contacts of the employees in the company without failure.
5. Make The Meaningful Cover Letter And Resume
Rather than making most applications without quality, you need to write applications that are highly tailored and the best but few. You must ensure your documents don’t have grammatical errors or any typos and are not too long to get boring when read by the interviewer. You should first visit the website of the company, then make a reason that explains the reason for working with the company. When you don’t see the reason to work there, it means the place is not fit for you. Ensure the responses are also well-tailored, so you should never copy-paste the online resumes.
6. Have A Network
Networking is really a significant problem if you are a introvert because you won’t have mingling time with many individuals. Nonetheless, you need to always make certain you can mingle. You can visit some meetups, make chats with people, and also this will give you some privileges even though you don’t get the most effective job here. The meetups could make you learn essential organizations and jobs to help make applications, and that will help. The meetups will usually live you with a good mind when anticipating the jobs. Additionally, other slack professional teams are indications of networking, and in case there is a chance, see them. The social networking connections to your employees currently employed in software organizations will also help you gain some knowledge and direction. Male network connections and you will land in your dream job.
7. Never Negotiate Too Much Or Settle For Less
It really is normal to be asked about your targeted salary during interviews. The component is always frustrating since you are feeling that part will need your possiblity to work here away. You need to always have your expected income too. You need to research the income part of the meeting where you must know the salary your colleagues of the same degree are offered in that company. You can even estimate the wage for other employees in a unique software business before you attend the meeting. Once you have the offer, always negotiate the set price that the interviewers will offer you. Negotiate also on motivations and allowances as leaves and time down too before accepting the job. Be sure you are fully mindful and accept their set terms before you make the ultimate decision.
When you want to make a perfect job search s a software engineer, I hope this is the best article you tried to come across before you continue with your job search. It is essential for every job hunter who needs a perfect place to be. You should also not look for the job while desperate and land in just any other position. The fact is that software engineers are highly needed everywhere ao take time and get the job you deserve. When you study thoroughly and prepare according to this chapter, be sure to land for the job you always wanted.