Hiring Organization / Company: Plan Administrators, Inc. (pai)
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
TO APPLY: visit www.pai.com/careers
Title: Software Developer
Leader: Application Development Manager
Supports the development and maintenance of technology solutions that meet the needs of the organization while adding value to the customer experience.
- Team Success
- Customer/Client Focus
- Personal Credibility
- A passion for providing high quality customer service
- A commitment to self-improvement
- The ability to embrace and continually adapt to change
- A positive attitude even when unexpected challenges arise
- A willingness to take responsibility and be accountable for achieving personal and team results
- Responsible for supporting IT business application systems including system implementation, maintenance, support and enhancements
- Effectively collaborate with IT team members through our Software Development Life Cycle
- Generates ideas and pursue opportunities to improve/advance PAi systems and processes
- Follows and supports defined IT standards and guidelines
- Triages and investigates root cause system issues and identify short term and long term solutions
- Using current programming languages and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications
- Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field of study
- Experience with Object Oriented Design and design patterns
- Strong mathematics and computer science background
- One or more years of experience with relational database design
- One or more years of experience with relational database SQL
- One or more years developing on the C# / .NET platform, VS2010+ or comparable language such as C++ or Java
- Sedentary position frequently required to sit
- Requires frequent speaking and listening
- Ability to use hands/fingers to operate office equipment such as phone and computer
- Requires frequent use of vision for reading and writing (close proximity, color, and ability to adjust focus)
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Required)
- C# software development: 1 year (Preferred)
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Object oriented design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Relational database design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Service-oriented architecture: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
Job Location Information:
City: De Pere
Location: De Pere, Wi 54115
Date Posted: 2021-04-08
Share this job on:
Tips For Getting a Job as a Software Engineer
The process of hunting the job is always stressful and tiresome, especially when you have no hob at the moment. As for a software engineering job, you need to know specific things that will make you qualify for the job and work better as a software engineer. The chapter here explains the most important steps you should follow to be a qualified software engineer.
1. Have Some Standout Projects Portfolios
Make a few portfolios is something essential before your interviews. The portfolios don’t necessarily need to be perfect, but you mist have them. When you are being interviewed, and you name the projects you know, then you need to have those applications well kept in the portfolio. You need to have portfolios of a minimum of three projects, especially if you are not experienced in any software engineering job. Ensure you know the weaknesses and strengths of your projects, too, before the interview. Some interviewers might want a practical explanation about this, so you must be ready. If you aren’t aware, you can fumble, and that is why you should know this before your interviews.
2. Be Ready To Handle Technical Interviews
Most technical interviews are done with some issues, but always remember most companies prioritize using whiteboards. Some sources are available, which you can use in practicing technical interviews like coding, interview cake, preamp, and cracking interviews. When being in this, you can find you re struggled and don’t have an alternative, but you must ensure that you are fully equipped with it. When you know this, you will avoid all those awkward silences when you attend your interviews, and that is a tip for you. It is a credit to you when the interviewer sees how loud you are thinking and coming with legit answers.
3. Ensure You Know The Role Kind You Need
You should always avoid the assumptions of saying you can’t choose if you are bigger. Wherever the department of software engineer you will get, you should remember most of your time revolves around working throughout. You need to be prepared on the issue of attending your workplace and dreading your work smarter. When you highly prioritize the anticipated job you need, you will be sure of getting the perfect software engineer job you need. You need to prioritize things like life balance, have the chance of solving challenging issues t your table, and ensure you admire the chance of working with the modern technological stack. These priorities, with no doubt they will give you a hint of focusing on the companies that have a healthy culture of working without weekends and night work.
4. Be Organized And Observant Throughout
You should remember you need to complete killer projects ahead; you have to be ready to attend the technical interviews together with the target of the company. You should start looking for jobs right away. You don’t need to make many applications at once since you won’t handle the results and your expectations. You should only ensure your few applications are well kept in the template, which can make links of records into some different tables. With this, you will be able to have the entire list containing the contacts of the employees in the company without failure.
5. Make The Meaningful Cover Letter And Resume
Rather than making most applications without quality, you need to write applications that are highly tailored and the best but few. You must ensure your documents don’t have grammatical errors or any typos and are not too long to get boring when read by the interviewer. You should first visit the website of the company, then make a reason that explains the reason for working with the company. When you don’t see the reason to work there, it means the place is not fit for you. Ensure the responses are also well-tailored, so you should never copy-paste the online resumes.
6. Have A Network
Networking is a major problem if you are a introvert since you won’t have mingling time with many individuals. Nevertheless, you should constantly make sure you can mingle. You can travel to some meetups, make chats with individuals, and this will provide you with some privileges even though you don’t get top job here. The meetups make you discover important businesses and jobs to produce applications, and that will assist. The meetups will usually live you by having a good head when anticipating the jobs. Also, other slack expert teams are signs of networking, and if you do have a possibility, see them. The social media connections to your employees currently involved in software organizations could also be helpful you get some knowledge and way. Male network connections and you may land in your ideal job.
7. Never Negotiate Too Much Or Settle For Less
It really is normal to be asked regarding the targeted salary during interviews. The part is obviously frustrating since you feel that part takes your possiblity to work here away. You need to also have your expected income too. You will need to research the salary the main interview where you must know the salary your colleagues of the same degree can be obtained in that company. It is possible to estimate the salary for any other employees in an alternate software business before you attend the interview. After you obtain the offer, always negotiate the set price that the interviewers offer you. Negotiate also on motivations and allowances as leaves and time down too before accepting the job. Be sure you are fully aware and agree with their set terms prior to making the ultimate decision.
When you want to make a perfect job search s a software engineer, I hope this is the best article you tried to come across before you continue with your job search. It is essential for every job hunter who needs a perfect place to be. You should also not look for the job while desperate and land in just any other position. The fact is that software engineers are highly needed everywhere ao take time and get the job you deserve. When you study thoroughly and prepare according to this chapter, be sure to land for the job you always wanted.