Hiring Organization / Company: Humana
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
As a Software Engineer 2 you will: work in a team environment to analyze, develop, integrate, document and implement responsive web applications and server based processes that meet specific Humana Government business needs. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Perform coding, testing, implementation, documentation and support tasks under the supervision of a more senior team member.
- Work directly with business owners to understand key system process and end user interface needs.
- Perform analysis, design, and system integration tasks, applying knowledge of computer science, information services, software development languages and platforms to support business needs by changing existing systems or implementing new applications and/or processes.
- Perform thorough system testing to ensure high application/process quality in terms of usability, speed, security and accuracy.
- Prepare all necessary supporting documentation as directed by Systems Manager or Director in accordance with Humana Government standards.
- Provide on call support as scheduled (1 week rotation with 24X7 coverage multiple times per year)
- Participate in after business-hour deployments (includes both nights and weekends)
- Utilize approved change management and project management processes under guidance of a more senior team member.
- Our Department of Defense contract requires U.S. Citizenship
- Successfully receive interim approval for government security clearance (eQIP - Electronic Questionnaire for Investigation Processing)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related degree or equivalent technical training/experience.
- Experience in the areas of software development and support
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team development setting
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Experience with MS SQL Server and IBM DB2
- Working knowledge of the C#, Java or Objective C programming languages
- Experience with a responsive front-end framework such as Foundation or Bootstrap
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps, MVC architectural pattern and the ASP.NET MVC framework
- Understanding of the software development life cycle
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job Location Information:
Location: Louisville, Ky
Date Posted: 2021-04-08
Share this job on:
Tips For Getting a Job as a Software Engineer
The process of hunting the job is always stressful and tiresome, especially when you have no hob at the moment. As for a software engineering job, you need to know specific things that will make you qualify for the job and work better as a software engineer. The chapter here explains the most important steps you should follow to be a qualified software engineer.
1. Have Some Standout Projects Portfolios
Make a few portfolios is something essential before your interviews. The portfolios don’t necessarily need to be perfect, but you mist have them. When you are being interviewed, and you name the projects you know, then you need to have those applications well kept in the portfolio. You need to have portfolios of a minimum of three projects, especially if you are not experienced in any software engineering job. Ensure you know the weaknesses and strengths of your projects, too, before the interview. Some interviewers might want a practical explanation about this, so you must be ready. If you aren’t aware, you can fumble, and that is why you should know this before your interviews.
2. Be Ready To Handle Technical Interviews
Most technical interviews are done with some issues, but always remember most companies prioritize using whiteboards. Some sources are available, which you can use in practicing technical interviews like coding, interview cake, preamp, and cracking interviews. When being in this, you can find you re struggled and don’t have an alternative, but you must ensure that you are fully equipped with it. When you know this, you will avoid all those awkward silences when you attend your interviews, and that is a tip for you. It is a credit to you when the interviewer sees how loud you are thinking and coming with legit answers.
3. Ensure You Know The Role Kind You Need
You should always avoid the assumptions of saying you can’t choose if you are bigger. Wherever the department of software engineer you will get, you should remember most of your time revolves around working throughout. You need to be prepared on the issue of attending your workplace and dreading your work smarter. When you highly prioritize the anticipated job you need, you will be sure of getting the perfect software engineer job you need. You need to prioritize things like life balance, have the chance of solving challenging issues t your table, and ensure you admire the chance of working with the modern technological stack. These priorities, with no doubt they will give you a hint of focusing on the companies that have a healthy culture of working without weekends and night work.
4. Be Organized And Observant Throughout
You should remember you need to complete killer projects ahead; you have to be ready to attend the technical interviews together with the target of the company. You should start looking for jobs right away. You don’t need to make many applications at once since you won’t handle the results and your expectations. You should only ensure your few applications are well kept in the template, which can make links of records into some different tables. With this, you will be able to have the entire list containing the contacts of the employees in the company without failure.
5. Make The Meaningful Cover Letter And Resume
Rather than making most applications without quality, you need to write applications that are highly tailored and the best but few. You must ensure your documents don’t have grammatical errors or any typos and are not too long to get boring when read by the interviewer. You should first visit the website of the company, then make a reason that explains the reason for working with the company. When you don’t see the reason to work there, it means the place is not fit for you. Ensure the responses are also well-tailored, so you should never copy-paste the online resumes.
6. Have A Network
Networking is just a significant problem if you are a introvert as you won’t have mingling time with many people. Nevertheless, you need to constantly make sure you can mingle. You can visit some meetups, make chats with individuals, and this will provide you with some privileges even though you don’t get the best job there. The meetups makes you learn crucial businesses and jobs to create applications, and which will help. The meetups will always live you by having a positive mind when anticipating the jobs. Additionally, other slack expert teams are indications of networking, if there is a opportunity, go to them. The social media connections to the employees currently involved in software organizations could also be helpful you gain some knowledge and way. Male network connections and you may land in your dream job.
7. Never Negotiate Too Much Or Settle For Less
It really is normal to be asked about your targeted salary during interviews. The component is obviously irritating since you feel that part will need your opportunity to work here away. You ought to always have your expected income also. You’ll want to research the salary area of the interview where you should know the income your colleagues of the identical degree can be found in that business. You may also estimate the salary for other employees in an alternate software business just before attend the interview. After you obtain the offer, constantly negotiate the set price that the interviewers offer you. Negotiate also on motivations and allowances as leaves and day off too before accepting the job. Ensure you are fully conscious and agree with their set terms before you make the final choice.
When you want to make a perfect job search s a software engineer, I hope this is the best article you tried to come across before you continue with your job search. It is essential for every job hunter who needs a perfect place to be. You should also not look for the job while desperate and land in just any other position. The fact is that software engineers are highly needed everywhere ao take time and get the job you deserve. When you study thoroughly and prepare according to this chapter, be sure to land for the job you always wanted.