Hiring Organization / Company: Pacific Investment Management Company Llc
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Ref #: 29237
Functional Area: Technology
Employee Type: Full Time
Location: New York
Date published: 28-Sep-2020
PIMCO is one of the world’s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
In this role, you will be working on:
- Trade risk sizing and capital allocation decision support tools
- Order generation
- Fine-grained trade risk and performance tracking
- Portfolio PnL and historical performance attribution
- Customized Trade Floor reporting
- Forward development of new system components and enhancements to the existing codebase
- Direct interaction with business users (Trade Floor, PMs, Risk Managers, etc.) in order to define, rollout, and support new platform features
- Detailed understanding of various aspects of PIMCO business and operational processes
- Architecture, design, and coding; solving engineering challenges associated with large data processing volumes, complex calculation dependencies, horizontal compute scale vs centralized data storage, etc.
- Candidates should have 5 years of experience in the investment domain building large-scale application solutions by using modern full stack technologies in a front office environment or supporting a portfolio management technology capacity
- Solid experience in writing backend services using Java, or C# (while we are using Java, we will consider strong candidates in other languages as long as they show ability to learn Java)
- Interest in learning about / working with modern UI technologies
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office
Job Location Information:
City: New York
Location: New York, Ny
Date Posted: 2021-04-08
Share this job on:
Tips For Getting a Job as a Software Engineer
The process of hunting the job is always stressful and tiresome, especially when you have no hob at the moment. As for a software engineering job, you need to know specific things that will make you qualify for the job and work better as a software engineer. The chapter here explains the most important steps you should follow to be a qualified software engineer.
1. Have Some Standout Projects Portfolios
Make a few portfolios is something essential before your interviews. The portfolios don’t necessarily need to be perfect, but you mist have them. When you are being interviewed, and you name the projects you know, then you need to have those applications well kept in the portfolio. You need to have portfolios of a minimum of three projects, especially if you are not experienced in any software engineering job. Ensure you know the weaknesses and strengths of your projects, too, before the interview. Some interviewers might want a practical explanation about this, so you must be ready. If you aren’t aware, you can fumble, and that is why you should know this before your interviews.
2. Be Ready To Handle Technical Interviews
Most technical interviews are done with some issues, but always remember most companies prioritize using whiteboards. Some sources are available, which you can use in practicing technical interviews like coding, interview cake, preamp, and cracking interviews. When being in this, you can find you re struggled and don’t have an alternative, but you must ensure that you are fully equipped with it. When you know this, you will avoid all those awkward silences when you attend your interviews, and that is a tip for you. It is a credit to you when the interviewer sees how loud you are thinking and coming with legit answers.
3. Ensure You Know The Role Kind You Need
You should always avoid the assumptions of saying you can’t choose if you are bigger. Wherever the department of software engineer you will get, you should remember most of your time revolves around working throughout. You need to be prepared on the issue of attending your workplace and dreading your work smarter. When you highly prioritize the anticipated job you need, you will be sure of getting the perfect software engineer job you need. You need to prioritize things like life balance, have the chance of solving challenging issues t your table, and ensure you admire the chance of working with the modern technological stack. These priorities, with no doubt they will give you a hint of focusing on the companies that have a healthy culture of working without weekends and night work.
4. Be Organized And Observant Throughout
You should remember you need to complete killer projects ahead; you have to be ready to attend the technical interviews together with the target of the company. You should start looking for jobs right away. You don’t need to make many applications at once since you won’t handle the results and your expectations. You should only ensure your few applications are well kept in the template, which can make links of records into some different tables. With this, you will be able to have the entire list containing the contacts of the employees in the company without failure.
5. Make The Meaningful Cover Letter And Resume
Rather than making most applications without quality, you need to write applications that are highly tailored and the best but few. You must ensure your documents don’t have grammatical errors or any typos and are not too long to get boring when read by the interviewer. You should first visit the website of the company, then make a reason that explains the reason for working with the company. When you don’t see the reason to work there, it means the place is not fit for you. Ensure the responses are also well-tailored, so you should never copy-paste the online resumes.
6. Have A Network
Networking is just a significant problem if you are an introvert because you won’t have mingling time with many individuals. Nevertheless, you need to constantly make sure you can mingle. You can visit some meetups, make chats with individuals, and also this provides you with some privileges even although you aren’t getting the most effective job there. The meetups make you discover important companies and jobs to help make applications, and that will help. The meetups will usually live you by having a positive head when anticipating the jobs. Additionally, other slack expert groups are indications of networking, and in case there is a possibility, visit them. The social media marketing connections to the workers already employed in software companies could also be helpful you will get some knowledge and way. Male network connections and you can secure in your dream job.
7. Never Negotiate Too Much Or Settle For Less
It’s normal to be expected about your targeted salary during interviews. The component is always frustrating since you are feeling that part will require your chance to work there away. You ought to also have your expected income too. You need to research the wage part of the interview where you have to know the salary your peers of the identical level are offered for the reason that company. You’ll be able to calculate the wage for other workers in a new software company just before attend the interview. Once you get the offer, always negotiate the set cost that the interviewers offer you. Negotiate also on motivations and allowances as leaves and time down too before accepting the job. Ensure you are completely mindful and agree with their set terms before you make the ultimate decision.
When you want to make a perfect job search s a software engineer, I hope this is the best article you tried to come across before you continue with your job search. It is essential for every job hunter who needs a perfect place to be. You should also not look for the job while desperate and land in just any other position. The fact is that software engineers are highly needed everywhere ao take time and get the job you deserve. When you study thoroughly and prepare according to this chapter, be sure to land for the job you always wanted.